Friday, January 13, 2017

Rain!

For the first time in a while, forecast rain actually fell! We had 11.4mm, which was enough to give the garden a good drink, and have water flowing into the tank for the first time since before the pipe sprang a leak over a month ago.

View from the loungeroom this afternoon.

In other excitement today, this happened:
Waterlily flower! It was more open earlier in the day, but by the time the rain eased up so that I could go out and take a photo, it had started closing again. I'll try again tomorrow.

6 comments:

Jo said...

Your photos didn't show up so I will check in later. We had some roin but it made it so stuffy. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
I finished my Bonnie Hunters mystery top tonight...

Jo said...

Well what do you know. The photos showed up after I commented.
The water lily looks so pretty

Julierose said...

Lovely water lily!! We finally had rain, too--about 1" total over 3 days--good for us here in the southeastern coastal part of CT... your flowers from your garden would make awesome quilt blocks...;)))
just sayin' hugs, Julierose

jacaranda said...

Exciting, your first water lily flower. We had quite a bit of rain also, filled the small tank and watered my thirsty dry garden. It is exciting to see the garden change after a drink of rain.

Jeanette said...

How pretty. Is that one of the smaller varieties of water lilies? I have lotus buds getting bigger each day, but still not open.

Jeann of Melton said...

I love hearing the garden 'slurping' up the rain.