Friday, September 15, 2017

Overcoming Annoyances

After I posted last night, Graeme managed to get my Kobo working again, and now I can read the last few chapters of my current book. And future books. Hooray!

Cockies may have chomped through some of our daffodils, but it is nice to have some in the house to enjoy:


Today I went back to Geelong to collect my quilting machine, and its service cost $50 less than I'd been quoted. So that goes some way towards paying for my shiny new windscreen!

The roses and a few other shrubs now have a bit of extra protection:
Because this morning the cockies attacked tulips, daylilies, and various other new growth.

But I still love to see all the wildlife we get here. Late this afternoon as we were walking around our block, the dogs could smell something they found very interesting. It wasn't an echidna this time:

I think the koala must have just arrived at this tree, as the dogs were sniffing the ground around it. The koala was still climbing when we saw it. I had to run back to the house for my camera to try and get photos before it got too high up:
Look at those koala claws!


7 comments:

Jo said...

Nothing better than seeing the wildlife in nature

Jeanette said...

Wonderful!

Sue SA said...

Great to see in your own yard!

Terry said...

Glad to hear the bumps in the road have been smoothed over a bit.
Yeah! For green hexies.

MLM247 said...

Glad to hear that the Kobo is working again. I had a similar experience once when my tablet refused to work while on holidays. Had it repaired at a shop, then found out that it was only a small problem with the On switch. Next time I was able to do it myself.
Am quite envious of your lovely vase for the tulips.
Do your koalas make noises in the night? Some do.

Angie in SoCal said...

It's nice to read about your area.

Jeann of Melton said...

Damn cockies! Great to look at in the sky but not in the garden.