Sunday, April 2, 2017

UFO Progress

Today when I saw the number Judy had listed for April, I felt like an April Fool. So far this year I have re-numbered my list twice, because I wanted to work on a particular project rather than the number Judy announced.

In January my Pentagon Sunflowers were the lucky project, but I wanted to finish En Provence, so I re-numbered my list.

In February, lucky Pentagon Sunflowers was selected again, but I had started work on Berry Delicious and wanted to keep going, so I re-numbered my list again. I have now finished quilting Berry Delicious, and attached the binding, but only about a third of the binding is hand-stitched to the back:


In March, Celtic Solstice, a Bonnie Hunter mystery from 2013, was selected. I have quilted through all the four-patches that surround the blocks:
But that's probably only about 15% of the quilting completed.


For April, Pentagon Sunflowers have been picked again! April Fool!! I can't put it off again, this time I will have to tackle it. But my cutting table and design wall were covered with bits of my current scrap project, Bonnie Hunter's Carolina Chain. That is not on my UFO list, but I needed to get it out of the way, so today I stitched together all the pieces which had been pinned up:
Now I can safely put it away and not forget where I'm up to.

So here, at last, my Pentagon Sunflowers pinned to the design wall:
And some time this month I will either:
  • cut it back to a regular shape, 
  • add some more pieces to straighten up the edges, or 
  • appliqué it to a background as is.

Here's Judy's Link-up where you can see what progress others have made with their UFOs in March.

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Paper piecing will be a break from all that quilting and piecing. It is a lovely top, nice to see it again.

chris said...

I'm exhausted from all the work you've done - we've been fine here this time. South of Brisbane has copped it pretty badly. Thanks for thinking of us!

Jeann of Melton said...

I really admire your perseverance.

Sue SA said...

Great progress on all your projects, but so hope you dont square up that beautiful wall hanging, too nice to cut anything off!

jacaranda said...

I don't know how you do it all. Trying to get my mojo back after a break.