Friday, January 8, 2016

Class Work

About 18 months ago I enrolled in a Craftsy class, Continuous Line Quilting, taught by Ann Petersen. I even bought the kit of shot cotton fabrics to go with the class, because Craftsy had a sale on and the Australian dollar wasn't as low then as it is now. I think I even watched a couple of the lessons, while I was waiting for the fabric to arrive. And then a whole bunch of stuff happened, and I never made the quilt for the class, and never watched the rest of it.

A couple of weeks ago I came across the fabrics. Today was nice and quiet with no chainsaws and machinery, so I made the top:
Including a couple of appliquéd shapes! Deciphering the pattern was a little tricky, as the cutting instructions called the pieces "A", "B", etc, and the layout diagram had them marked as "1", "2", etc. And as I discovered, there was not a logical correspondence between the two systems. (ie "A" did equal "1", but "D" did not equal "4".) Of course I added to the complexity of the task by cutting in metric measurements. At least the top is made now, rather than being a collection of fabrics in a box.

1 comment:

MLM247 said...

Sounds like you should have been an astronaut. You solve impossible maths problems in the wink of an eye.