Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Penguin for February

Here's the second block of the Zoo Animals block-of-the-month designed by Kristy at Quiet Play.
I decided to keep the background colour constant, but probably should have made his body a little darker so that there is more contrast.

Check out Kristy's link-up to see some more penguins. Here's the link-up: Penguins

I've just realised, looking at the penguins and at Kristy's version, that there is a mistake in the pattern. One piece is coloured incorrectly (look at the bottom of their faces). I don't think I will bother to re-make it, but I'll let Kristy know so she can fix the pdf.

7 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Adorable penguin.

Liv Aagot's Quilt Blog said...

It is so sweet!

Marly said...

Sweet penguin; I had to look twice to see the difference. How many varieties of penguin are there?

Diane-crewe said...

I don't think he is too pale x do you mean the bottom piece should have been black? will have to look at the pattern ... no way am I re-doing mine! lol x

Vireya said...

Yes, it is piece A11, On the pattern it is coloured the same as the face (yellow for me), but to make him look like Kristy's, it should be coloured the same as A14 - ie the ring around his face (black for me).

Terry said...

"He still looks like a bird in his tuxedo to me" a line from a childrens song . He works and no one would notice unless it was compared to the original. Maybe not even then.

The wardrobes are looking useful and everything seems acessable.

Unknown said...

What a cute penguin!