Thursday, May 10, 2012

Daylight

This was the first chance I've had to spend time at home during daylight hours for a week.

I found that my tree dahlia (Dahlia imperialis) is in flower, and that the bees are enjoying it too:

The flowers on the Bethel sage are opening nicely:

I spent some time in the sun doing some maintenance of the TreeProject seedlings. This one is a black wattle (Acacia mearnsii):
There is no sign now of the reddish tinge they had when young. I trimmed roots that were growing through the bottom of the tubes, and ensured there was only one tree in each tube. The sunshine this week seems to have spurred a few seeds to germinate. I hope we get more fine weather on the weekend, as I have a few more boxes to do.

1 comment:

kaiteM said...

Oh dear, haven't you seen the dire warnings for the weekend? i think it's supposed to snow! The tree dahlia is so simple and perfect, i'd like to grow one here but it's too cold i fear.