Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leaping Towards Autumn

Happy leap day! I spent the last day of summer dressed for autumn. This afternoon I made a second test pot-holder:
The previous one lets too much heat through in certain circumstances, so this time I've used one layer of Vilene Thermolam and one layer of cotton batting. The combination should give more protection from the heat, but it does make it quite puffy. Stay tuned for further test results.

Added later: I forgot to mention that this block is not my own design. It's "Stargazey Daisiez" by Jan Mullen, although the petals that don't line up are entirely my fault, because I didn't read her instructions carefully enough!

1 comment:

kaiteM said...

which side do you have the cotton on - the pot or the hand side? this is interesting research of yours.