Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Hottie Challenge




My entry kit for the Hottie Challenge arrived today courtesy of Ms Curlypops. This is a fund-raising challenge to benefit the Margaret Pratt Foundation, who support research to improve the outcomes for heart and lung transplant recipients.


So what do I have to do? Create a cover for a hot-water bottle — it doesn't have to be functional, but it does have to look good when it is displayed in the OpenDrawer gallery in July!


So how to make my cover? The template shape is about 20cm x 30cm. I have all sorts of ideas running through my head. Something pieced? Appliquéd? Knitted? I'll need to pick one and start work, as there's only about a month to get it done!

4 comments:

Adele - A Lass from Downunder said...

I'm making one too :-) ... and (like you) have an idea/s that I'll let run around in my head for a bit before put scissors to fabric!

kaiteM said...

i followed your link and read Margaret's story, it's a very sad one. I had a friend who had CF and died from a heart-lung rejection.

CurlyPops said...

I did a bit of sketching today and now I have two designs to choose from.... but deciding what to do - printable fabric, applique????

Vireya said...

I had three more (completely different) ideas myself today! Decisions, decisions...