Saturday, December 18, 2010

More Rain, More Casualties

It seems I spoke too soon when I said 10 days ago that my Corymbia ficifolia was surviving. This is what has happened to those new leaves:
They are losing their colour and becoming crispy. I think it is fair to say that the red-flowering gum is no more.

Unfortunately the correa alba has joined its cousin the correa dusky bells. It is drooping, and on its last legs.
I didn't notice Scruff in the background until I saw that shot on the computer.

So why is everything dying? All my soil is clay, but I think this is the lowest part of the yard, and it is absolutely saturated. It makes "squelch squelch" sounds as you walk on it. The weeds are easy to pull out, because even their roots are rotting away. But here's something you can do with this soil:
Mr Clay Man

No comments: